The Storm of My Personal Gospel
The Storm of My Personal Gospel
There is a moment when we realize that the loudest voice we’ve been listening to is not the voice of God, but the voice of fear. Fear tells us we are too old, too broken, too late, or too damaged to become who we were created to be. It convinces us that our past defines our future and that our wounds are greater than our purpose. Beneath all the noise, there is another quiet, unwavering voice.It whispers, “Speak life.”
I believe that every word we speak is a seed planted in the soil of our future. We water our lives with our conversations, often without realizing it. I unknowingly preached a gospel of limitation. I spoke about what I had lost, the disappointments I had endured, the illnesses I faced, the opportunities that never came, and the dreams that seemed impossible. I rehearsed my pain so often that it became the story I expected my life to tell. Then one day I realized that if I continued to speak defeat, I would continue to live beneath the weight of it.
The storms we face have an incredible way of shaping our beliefs. They roar so loudly that we mistake the weather for our destiny. We begin to think that hardship is our identity rather than a season we are passing through. Yet storms are never meant to be permanent homes. They are places of transformation. They strip away everything that is false until all that remains is the truth of who we are. It was in one of my own storms that I stopped asking, “Why is this happening to me?” and began asking, “Who am I becoming through this?”
That question changed everything. I began speaking differently. Instead of saying, “I hope I heal,” I declared that healing was already making its way toward me. Instead of saying, “I’ll try,” I reminded myself that I was created with purpose. Instead of waiting for someday, I started living as though the seeds I planted today would become tomorrow’s harvest. I discovered that faith is not pretending the storm doesn’t exist; faith is choosing to plant a garden while the thunder still rolls overhead.
The Creator spoke the universe into existence with words, and throughout every sacred tradition we are reminded of the creative power of speech. Whether through scripture, prayer, mantra, or meditation, words carry intention. They shape our thoughts, influence our actions, and create the atmosphere in which our spirit either grows or withers. This isn’t about denying pain or pretending suffering doesn’t exist. It is about refusing to let pain become the author of our lives.
Every morning I ask myself, “What gospel am I preaching today?” Am I proclaiming fear, scarcity, resentment and limitation, or am I proclaiming hope, courage, abundance and possibility? Every one of us is an evangelist for something. We spread whatever fills our hearts. I have chosen to share a different message. I choose to believe that healing is possible, that purpose survives disappointment, that beauty can rise from ashes and that every ending quietly carries the seed of a new beginning.
Nature has always been one of my greatest teachers. After every storm, forests grow stronger, rivers carve new paths and flowers bloom in places that once seemed barren. Perhaps the greatest miracle is not that the storm eventually passes but that we are transformed because we walked through it. We emerge with deeper compassion, greater wisdom and a faith that could never have been developed in calm waters.
Today I bless my future with my words. I speak courage over fear, peace over anxiety, abundance over lack, strength over exhaustion and joy over despair. I choose gratitude before I see the evidence. I trust that every dream planted in love, nurtured with perseverance and surrendered to the Divine will bloom in its perfect season. The storm may still rage around me, but it no longer defines me. Within me there is peace, purpose and an unshakable knowing that no wind can steal what God has planted in my soul.
This is my personal gospel. It is not a gospel of perfection or ease. It is a gospel of hope. It is the daily practice of speaking life over my circumstances, believing that my words carry power and trusting that the Divine is always creating something beautiful from even the fiercest storms. Every day, I choose to speak life, not because the journey is easy, but because I know that life and death are in the power of the tongue. My future will not be written by fear. It will be written by faith, one spoken word at a time.
~Shanti Freedom Das
Comments
Post a Comment